NetSuite & Shopify Integration Tools: SuperSync vs Celigo vs Boomi
When it comes to NetSuite - Shopify integrations, there's a lot to consider.
What's your budget? Will your setup require advanced customizations? What workflows do you need, and which ones can you operate without?
The answers to all of those questions (and a few more) can help you determine which NetSuite Shopify integration is best for you.
Our NetSuite experts are dedicated to helping you find the best solutions to streamline your business, and help you increase that bottom line! Today, we're comparing some of the most popular NetSuite Shopify integration tools: SuperSync vs Celigo vs Boomi.
Learn more about each integration's pros and cons, and how you can choose the right one.
Why Do I Need to Integrate NetSuite with Shopify?
You might be wondering why it's even necessary to implement Shopify with NetSuite. There are a ton of reasons it's beneficial for your business, but what it really boils down to is this:
- Customers will have a more seamless experience
- The back-end of your business will run smoother
- It streamlines purchasing, order fulfillment, and shipping
- Makes it easier to scale a large eCommerce business (or run multiple ones!)
Shopify houses eCommerce data, such as what items customers purchased, prices, promotions, gift cards, and customer data. On the other hand, NetSuite handles inventory numbers, order fulfillment, shipping logistics, and CRM data such as customer email funnels.
Connecting each dataset leads to seamless business operations, on the front end and the back end.
Here's What Happens if NetSuite and Shopify Aren't Integrated
If these two platforms are disconnected, it could be a logistical nightmare.
Imagine inventory numbers that aren't properly reflected on your website, causing customers to order products you don't even have. Or purchasing data not lining up with NetSuite data, causing shipping delays and missed orders.
Integrating Shopify with NetSuite means both systems update in real-time. This includes inventory numbers, orders that need to be fulfilled and shipped, updated promotional pricing, and current financial reporting.
SuperSync NetSuite + Shopify Integration
The SuperSync NetSuite + Shopify Integration was custom built by SCS Cloud as part of their SuperSync integrations templates. In an effort to make NetSuite integrations powerful, yet simple to implement, the SuperSync Shopify integration can be created and configured within minutes.
Pros: SuperSync Shopify Shopify
- Integrates in minutes - SuperSync's Shopify integration is ready to go in just a few minutes. You won't have to worry about spending hours (or days) getting the integration between Shopify and NetSuite set up.
- Monitor performance with key performance indicators (KPIs) - SuperSync Shopify provides meaningful data visualizations that are easy to access. This means you can stay on top of integration activities to make sure everything is always running smoothly.
- Capable of handling high-volume transactions - the SuperSync Shopify integration syncs over 100,000 transactions every single day. If you have a high-volume eCommerce store, you can rest assured knowing this integration will handle everything!
Cons: SuperSync Shopify
- Customizations may require additional development work - While the SuperSync integration contains many capabilities out-of-the-box, more complex workflows might require the help of developers.
Pricing: SuperSync Shopify
The price of SuperSync Shopify starts at $2,500 per integration per year.
Celigo Shopify - NetSuite Integration App
Celigo is considered the pioneer of fully-managed Integration Apps. Their NetSuite and Shopify Integration App is no different — it's a powerful, customizable solution. Celigo builds all of its applications and integrations on iPaaS (Integration Platform as a Service), allowing both IT teams and non-IT employees to set up custom integrations and automate business processes.
Celigo's integration boasts an intuitive setup, low maintenance any end-user can handle, and a platform that can be expanded on.
Pros: Celigo Shopify - NetSuite Integration App
- Advanced customizations and flexibility - Powered by integrator.io, Celigo's Shopify - NetSuite Integration App was built on iPaaS. This allows more room for customizations and advanced capabilities than integrations that rely on direct connections.
- Intuitive setup - It's easy to set up, and you won't have to deal with connecting APIs or coding.
- Comprehensive flows out-of-the-box - This integration contains quite a few workflows out-of-the-box. While higher packages contain more capabilities, each level starts with workflows for order management, fulfillment, and inventory levels.
Cons: Celigo Shopify - NetSuite Integration App
- Out-of-the-box flows differ depending on the level you purchase - The starter edition only comes with the flows for importing customers and sales orders to NetSuite, and exporting fulfillment and inventory levels to Shopify.
If you need advanced functionalities, such as the ability to export billing information from NetSuite to Shopify or want to sync order cancellations and refunds, you'll need to pay for more than the starter edition.
- Custom setups might require development work - While Celigo says they have an easy-to-navigate setup wizard that guides you through the process, some customers reported they needed to hire consultants to help with the setup process. This could also extend the full integration timeline.
- It's pricier than other options - Of course, this is dependent on your business's specific needs, but Celigo tends to be a pricier option than other Shopify NetSuite integrations. For example, SuperSync starts at $2,500 per year while Celigo starts at $3,000 per year.
Pricing: Celigo Shopify - NetSuite Integration App
Celigo's Shopify - NetSuite Integration App pricing ranges from $3,000-7,200+ per year depending on the level of pre-built workflows you need.
For example, if you need the ability to sync order cancellations, refunds, and import fulfillment, you'll need to pay for the highest package (Premium Edition) at $7,200 per year.
Boomi NetSuite Shopify Integration
Boomi can be a bit more flexible than other cloud software companies, as its products are also compatible with on-premise solutions. Similar to Celigo, Boomi also builds everything off of an iPaaS foundation.
Pros: Boomi Shopify
- Built to align with NetSuite's SuiteSuccess - Unique to Boomi, they built a Shopify integration that fully aligns with NetSuite's SuiteSuccess. SuiteSuccess is a methodology that helps new customers quickly — and successfully — implement NetSuite.
- Great for omnichannel retailers - Whether you need to sync eCommerce, point-of-sale (POS), or phone orders, Boomi's integration can handle data from any Shopify channel. It's even capable of handling returns, refunds, gift cards, and promotions, which isn't capable with the base model of Celigo.
- Scalable with other on-premise and cloud solutions - Boomi is fully capable of integrating with other cloud software and on-premise IT solutions. It's also compatible with API connections, workflow automation, data quality governance, and B2B/EDI management.
Cons: Boomi Shopify
- Implementation could require the help of a developer - Similar to Celigo, implementing Boomi's NetSuite Shopify Integration could require the help of a developer or third-party implementation partner. This might not always be the case, however, if your business requires custom workflows or additional advanced integrations, it might not be easy to implement in-house.
- No prices listed - Boomi doesn't publicly list the prices for their NetSuite Shopify integration. While this isn't a huge con, it makes it difficult to compare to competitors, who all list their pricing options.
- Lacking prompt support services - Some users report that Boomi's support services leave a bit to be desired. Specifically, they tend to be a bit slow to respond and it's not always easy to reach them. If your business is lucky enough to have developers on staff who can troubleshoot, that process can also be frustrating.
Pricing: Boomi Shopify
Boomi doesn't publicly list prices for their NetSuite Shopify Integration. You have to get in contact with their team for pricing information.
NetSuite Connector (Formerly FarApp)
NetSuite built its own integration platform, called NetSuite Connector, to help eCommerce businesses map data between NetSuite and sales platforms. It's available as an add-on module and has the ability to connect with more than just Shopify. Additional connections include Amazon, Magento, WooCommerce, eBay, and Walmart.
Pros: NetSuite Connector
- You're working directly with NetSuite - this is the only first-party integration platform on the list, which has its own pros and cons. However, if you licensed NetSuite directly from them, it could make things easier for you than choosing a third-party provider. If you're looking to keep everything regarding NetSuite under one umbrella, you might want to stick directly with them.
- Integrations go beyond Shopify - While all of the companies mentioned above have additional NetSuite integration options, NetSuite Connector includes these additional integration options off the bat. For example, if you chose Celigo's Shopify Integration App and later realized you needed an Amazon integration, too, you'd need to purchase that service separately. NetSuite Connector is one module, with the ability to integrate with many different eCommerce platforms as is, so you're basically paying one price for all of those options.
- The lowest level is one of the more affordable options - We'll get into the pricing specifics below, however, one of the largest pros of NetSuite Connector is that its starter and standard options are some of the most affordable Shopify NetSuite Integration services on the market. FarApp, the company NetSuite Connector took over, was known for being affordable, so it's good to see NetSuite continued to honor that characteristic.
Cons: NetSuite Connector
- Data isn't synced in real-time with every product level - If you're paying for the lower two levels of this NetSuite Connector, you don't actually get real-time data. Now, this might not be as big of an issue if you're just looking for the most affordable integration and don't need real-time data to make decisions. However, if you're a large scale retailer that needs by-the-minute inventory and fulfillment data, you'll need their highest level of service.
Depending on the data, it might not sync for 20-90 minutes. Here's a breakdown:
- Order Sync - every 20 minutes
- Price and Quantity Sync - every 60 minutes
- Full Product Sync - every 60 minutes
- Fulfillment Sync - Every 90 minutes
- Options can get expensive - If your business needs more advanced capabilities, such as real-time data sync or refund syncs, the selling point of affordability no longer stands. In this instance, it might be best to go with a different integration partner.
Pricing: NetSuite Connector
There are four different levels of NetSuite Connector. Each level contains more features than the last, with pricing as follows:
- Starter - $83.25/month
- Standard - $199.92/month
- Premium - $2499.92/month
- Premium+ - $333.25/month
How to Choose the Best NetSuite - Shopify Integration
The best NetSuite - Shopify integration for your business depends on your specific needs and budget.
While the three services above are similar in many ways, here's where each one shines:
- SuperSync - Best for quick implementation and expert ongoing support.
- Celigo - Best for businesses requiring more complex workflows and flexibility, that don't mind a higher price tag.
- Boomi - Best for omnichannel retailers or businesses that need the ability to integrate with on-premise solutions.
- NetSuite Connector - best for eCommerce businesses looking for the most affordable option, or looking to stick directly with NetSuite for everything.
Need Help with a NetSuite - Shopify Integration?
We're fully staffed with NetSuite experts and we know exactly how to help! Whether you're looking for information on integrating Shopify with NetSuite or need help with an existing SuperSync integration, contact us today!