NetSuite Reminders Portlet Tutorial
The reminders portlet seen on NetSuite's home dashboard is a standard portlet used to alert the user if a record meets certain criteria. For example, you could set it up so you're reminded if a new customer hasn't received their welcome call, or a new order hasn't been invoiced yet.
NetSuite's reminders portlet is a great way to stay on top of everything in NetSuite!
How to Setup a Reminders Portlet in NetSuite
Here's how to add the reminders portlet to your NetSuite dashboard and customize it for your specific needs.
Add the reminders portlet to your home dashboard:
- Click personalize in the upper right corner — this menu shows icons of each portlet that can be added to your NetSuite dashboard, as seen in the screenshot below.
- Click the arrow icon to scroll through available portlets until you see the reminders portlet
- Click on the reminders portlet. Now, you'll see it displayed on your home dashboard!
Why Don't I See Any Data in the Reminders Portlet?
Keep in mind that when you first log in to NetSuite, this portlet usually doesn't contain any information. This is because the portlet shows information based on changes the user makes to NetSuite, such as adding a new sales order record or updating a quote. So if you're a new user just logging in for the first time, there won't be any actions for the reminders portlet to base data off of.
How to Use NetSuite's Reminders Portlet
Reminders portlets are usually configured for a user when the system administrator sets up their account. That said, it's possible to customize your reminders portlet to fit your needs.
Adding reminders to your portlet:
- Hover over the top of the reminders portlet until you see the menu bar
- Click the set up link in the dropdown menu
- A menu pops up showing all current reminders on the right. Note: you'll probably see more "current selections" here than the information shown in the portlet because the information only shows up if a record meets the reminder's criteria.
- The left column shows all reminders that can be added to the reminders portlet. Click on any reminder to move it to the right column.
- Click save when you're finished adding (or removing) reminders and the portlet will refresh in real time.
Other Top NetSuite Portlets:
NetSuite can do just about everything, but it's important to properly configure your home dashboard to be as relevant as possible to your company and individual role. Here are few of our other top NetSuite portlets:
- NetSuite Quick Add Portlet - quickly add record types into NetSuite
- NetSuite Recent Records Portlet - view records you've recently accessed
- Navigation Portlet - quickly takes you to important reports or areas of NetSuite
Let SCS Cloud Help With All of Your NetSuite Needs
SCS Cloud's team of NetSuite-certified experts is here to help, whether you need a one-time walkthrough or prefer ongoing support.
Contact us today to get started!