NetSuite Item Records Tutorial
NetSuite is a powerful tool that can be used as a CRM, ERP, and even an eCommerce solution. With its ability to seamlessly handle inventory data, it's important for NetSuite users to understand how to access important inventory information. If you're new to NetSuite or are looking for a refresher, this NetSuite tutorial shows you how to navigate NetSuite's item records. You can find out more about parent matrix items and child matrix items as well.
What is an Item Record in NetSuite?
Items in NetSuite consist of any goods or services tracked through NetSuite. Item records record data for virtually every aspect of each item, including vendor, manufacturer, purchase price, sales price, stock levels at specific locations, quantity, discounts, etc.
Item Records Basics
Navigate to the items menu by clicking on items in the shortcuts portlet.
Once you're in the items menu, you'll see:
- The name of the item
- The item's description
- Base price
- Preferred vendor
- Purchase price
View an Item Record
Item records show you everything you need to know about a specific item. To view an item record, click the item's name on the left-hand side of the page.
Once you're in the item record, you'll see the main information at the top, in the Primary Information area. This section includes important information such as the UPC code, display code, stock units, purchase units, and sale units.
Items Subtab Section
Below the primary information is the subtabs section. Not all NetSuite systems will have the same subtabs, but there are a few commonly used sub tabs that are important to understand:
- Inventory subtab - covers important information such as item cost, shipping details, and purchase price. If you scroll to the bottom of the inventory tab, you'll see all of the inventory stock locations and quantities for the item.
- Inventory subtabs - some subtabs have their own subtabs. The inventory tab contains the subtabs for locations, vendors, available to sell, and inventory activity.
- Vendors subtab - shows which vendors the product was purchased from.
- Pricing subtab - shows the price of the item and any quantity-based pricing or discount price levels.
- Related transactions subtab - shows a list of all records that include this item, which could be a sales order, item fulfillment, invoice, or quote.
Need Help with NetSuite? Contact Our NetSuite Certified Experts
Whether you need help managing inventory in NetSuite or are looking for assistance with NetSuite implementation and ongoing training, the NetSuite experts at SCS Cloud are here to help.Contact us today for a free consultation!