Searching All Data in Your Account
You can press “Alt+G” to move the cursor directly to the Global Search Bar field.
Note: Anywhere it says to use “Alt” key, this is for a pc only, if on a Mac use “option”.
Entering Data and Completing Forms
- Press and hold Alt and type a letter to move to a sub-tab.
- In transaction headers, press Enter to save the transaction.
- On a transaction line, press Enter to save the line and go to the next line.
- Press Tab to move the cursor between fields and buttons.
- Use the Spacebar to check or clear a check box.
- In Amount fields, enter numbers to calculate by addition or subtraction.
For example, enter 10 + 15 to calculate a total amount.
- Press and hold Ctrl while clicking with your mouse to select multiple choices in a list.
In date fields, use the following keyboard shortcuts to change dates:
- Press Shift+T to enter tomorrow’s date.
- Press p to enter the end of the current period (if you use accounting periods).
(if you use accounting periods).
- Press t to enter today’s date.
- Press y to enter yesterday’s date.
- Press m to enter the last day of the month.
- Press the Plus Sign (+) to increase one day.
- Press the Minus Sign (-) to decrease one day.
Note: These keyboard shortcuts are supported only in full date fields that include the month, day, and year.
On transactions and records that have buttons with popup lists, you can select the non-default button option. Use the Tab key to navigate to the list button. Then, use the down arrow key to expand the dropdown list. Click Enter to select the desired action. To collapse the list, use the up-arrow key to return to the top.
When using tabbed pages, you can quickly switch between sub-tabs by using NetSuite shortcut keys. Each sub-tab has a single letter underlined in the title. Press and hold Alt and then press the corresponding letter to switch to that sub-tab. The cursor appears in the first field on the sub-tab.
When viewing reports, you can do the following:
- Press Page Up to go to the previous page of a report.
- Press Page Down to go to the next page of a report.
- Press Home to go to the first page of a report.
- Press End to go to the last page of a report.
Filtering Search Results
When working with search results filters, you can use the following keyboard shortcuts:
- Use the Tab key to navigate between filters.
- Use the Down Arrow key or the Up-Arrow key to select an option from a filter dropdown list.
- When typing a value into a filter field, use the Tab key to apply the value.
Please note that pressing Enter does not apply the filter value.
Global Search Prefixes
You can use these NetSuite search shortcuts to locate records in particular types of records by using the prefix followed by a colon and your search query to search in the related record type:
- CO: Contact
- CU: Customer
- INVO: Invoice
- IT: Item
- OP: Opportunity
- PU: Purchase Order
- QU: Quote
- SA: Sales Order/Cash Sale
- VE: Vendor
- WA: Warehouse Transfer
- PAGE: Any page with that word in it
If you are interested in NetSuite training or in more manuals to help your team, please contact us.