NetSuite Advanced Order Management: The Key to Fulfilling More Orders, Faster
Let’s say you’re a company or the seller of a product. Most businesses start small and can handle orders manually. Or, maybe you’ve been around for a while and rely on legacy systems.
The question is, what happens when your sales take off, order volume increases, and you need more fulfillment options like direct shipping from a warehouse, store, or drop shipping? An operational nightmare!
That’s where NetSuite Advanced Order Management comes in. Our NetSuite-certified experts explain the module, its key features and benefits, and how to use it effectively here.
What Is NetSuite Advanced Order Management?
NetSuite Advanced Order Management (AOM) is a cloud-based solution that helps businesses automate and optimize their order fulfillment process. It provides a single view of inventory across all channels, enabling enterprises to make better decisions about how to fulfill orders.
AOM also includes automatic location assignment, fulfillment requests, and store pickup fulfillment.
How It Works
Order management encompasses the entire process of accepting, tracking, and fulfilling customer orders. This process begins when an order is placed and concludes with the delivery of the package to the customer.
With NetSuite’s advanced version, companies can automate, view, and control the entire order lifecycle and beyond. By taking advantage of its features and capabilities, the processing is streamlined, errors are reduced, and customer service is improved.
NetSuite Advanced Order Management Key Features
1. Order Orchestration
Streamlining your entire order process is made possible through automation, which encompasses a range of essential tasks such as order-taking, verification, release, shipment confirmation, customer communication, and payment processing. In addition, NetSuite Advanced Order Management can efficiently manage more intricate duties, such as dividing shipments and shipping directly to individual customers.
2. Inventory Visibility
Have a single source of accurate inventory information across all your locations, including warehouses, stores, and 3PL sites. This allows you to manage commitments and available-to-promise inventory across all channels so that you can connect sales with your supply chain. Furthermore, you can improve inventory management in all locations by using tools for inventory planning, replenishment, and warehouse management.
3. Fulfillment Execution
NetSuite's order fulfillment system is adaptable to all types of warehouses, big or small. Smaller facilities can utilize its native features for picking, packing, and shipping, which can be integrated with key shipping providers. NetSuite Warehouse Management can perform more complex outbound fulfillment tasks for larger locations.
Additionally, orders can be sent to external warehouses or third-party fulfillment providers, even for orders requiring customization or assemble-to-order capabilities. NetSuite also supports digital fulfillment and can integrate with various service providers according to your preferences.
4. Drop-Ship/Endless Aisle
A fully automated drop-shipping system enables the expansion of your product range without the need for more warehouse or storage space. Streamline your drop-shipping programs by managing order capture and verification, transmitting orders to suppliers, receiving confirmation and shipping updates from suppliers, providing transparent communication with customers, and settling accounts with suppliers.
5. Returns and Exchanges
Establish guidelines to accept returns across all channels, oversee exchanges, and handle credit procedures. With AOM, the risk of discrepancies that arise from using separate systems is eliminated. This guarantees precise return processing, timely restoration of items to the available-to-promise (ATP) inventory, and detection and resolution of any potential issues concerning quality or fraud.
6. Customer Service
To ensure a seamless experience across multiple channels, it is important to equip customer service representatives (CSRs) and store associates with the necessary tools for order management. This enables them to effectively respond to customer inquiries about product availability and order placement and manage any changes or issues that may arise after an order has been placed.
NetSuite Advanced Order Management Benefits
NetSuite AOM goes beyond conventional processes by utilizing its integrated CRM and Inventory Management applications to further streamline the order lifecycle.
Some benefits of using the module include, but aren’t limited to, the following:
- Improved order fulfillment - The module automates order processing and fulfillment, reducing errors and ensuring orders are completed accurately and on time.
- Increased visibility - With real-time visibility into orders, inventory levels, and fulfillment processes across multiple channels, businesses can optimize their fulfillment process and provide customers with accurate and up-to-date information on order status.
- Enhanced customer experience - Advanced Order Management can help companies enhance customer experience by providing them with a more efficient way to shop. For example, AOM supports store pickup fulfillment, which is a convenient option for customers who want to avoid shipping costs.
- Streamlined operations - AOM integrates with other NetSuite modules, such as inventory and order management, providing a centralized platform for managing orders and inventory across multiple channels.
- Reduced costs - By automating order processing and fulfillment, businesses can reduce labor costs and improve operation efficiency, ultimately lowering costs and improving profitability.
Using NetSuite Advanced Order Management
To use the AOM module effectively, we recommend following a few best practices, including:
- Set up your inventory: Before using NetSuite Advanced Order Management, make sure to set up your inventory correctly, including SKU numbers, stock levels, and locations.
- Define your workflows: Define your order management workflows, including routing rules, shipping methods, and return policies.
- Train your team: Train your team on how to use NetSuite Advanced Order Management, including how to create orders, process returns, and manage inventory.
- Monitor your metrics: Monitor key metrics such as order volume, fulfillment times, and customer satisfaction, and use this information to optimize your workflows and improve your processes.
Ready To Take Advantage of What NetSuite Has To Offer?
Looking to take your business to the next level? Contact SCS Cloud today! Whether you want to streamline your supply chain, optimize warehouse management, or enhance your eCommerce capabilities, we’ve got you covered.
Book a FREE consultation and discover the power of our solutions for yourself!