How to Keep NetSuite Customization Costs Under Control
NetSuite has endless potential. However, with so many possibilities, the costs can add up quickly.
We're a team of NetSuite-certified cloud software experts that has helped countless clients successfully implement NetSuite.
We've seen a lot of different scenarios over the years, whether it was the client not knowing exactly what they needed or another company who charged them for more than what they needed — all of these are scenarios that could cause a NetSuite project to go over budget.
Instead of stressing out about the budget, we're going to give you some tips on how to keep NetSuite customization costs under control.
4 Ways to Keep NetSuite Customization Costs Under Control
1. Know Exactly What You Need Upfront
Before getting into the NetSuite implementation process, it's important to know exactly what your business needs to get out of the cloud software.
Make sure you detail everything, including:
- Business workflows
- Business processes, including any approval processes
- All of the software and platforms your business uses
- Business needs that will stay the same
- Additional business needs you're looking to get out of the cloud software
Having all of this figured out upfront should give your NetSuite implementation partner everything they need to work with. They will use this information to determine which customizations are necessary to achieve your business requirements.
Having everything figured out upfront allows you to stick to your initial budget. Instead of being surprised by expensive customizations down the line because you left something out of your initial requirements phase, you'll know exactly what you need and how much it should cost.
2. Only Pay for What You Need Right Now
NetSuite pricing can be complicated: it involves pricing out optional modules, add-ons, and customizations that each come with their own price tags. While it might seem tempting to go bigger than you need just in case, you should really only pay for what you need right now.
If you end up needing another module or additional user licenses later, it's very easy for your NetSuite provider to add it on after the fact. That's one of the beauties of NetSuite! It was built to scale with your company as you grow, regardless of where you start.
3. Thoroughly Vet Your NetSuite Solution Provider
Before agreeing to work with any third-party NetSuite Solution Provider or consultant, make sure you fully understand what kinds of customizations they're capable of.
Just because you're speaking with a NetSuite consultant doesn't mean they have the resources for custom software development.
Make sure whoever you work with provides in-house NetSuite customizations. Otherwise, they might outsource it to another company, charge you more money for development services, or simply not be able to customize NetSuite to your specifications.
Plus, you want to make sure the provider you choose actually knows what they're talking about. We've compiled a comprehensive list of questions to ask a NetSuite consultant to help you thoroughly vet them as you shop around.
You wouldn't want to pick a cheaper provider only to find out they don't actually know what they're doing and waste your money, forcing you to pay for a second, more experienced provider.
4. Choose a Provider With Their Own NetSuite Add-Ons
NetSuite add-ons are pre-built connectors that make it easy to add advanced functionalities to NetSuite.
Some third-party NetSuite providers go above and beyond by creating their own NetSuite add-ons. It's best to work with someone who has developed their own add-ons because this is the most cost-effective, easy, and quick solution to enhance NetSuite's functionalities.
Instead of having to pay for custom development work, all the heavy lifting is already done!
Here at SCS Cloud, we've created a wide variety of helpful NetSuite add-ons. A few of our client favorites include:
- Billing & payment automation - This add-on takes the complexity out of figuring out which credit card processors to use. It automates billing, payments, and credit card processing.
- Consolidated Invoices - This add-on makes invoicing easier by consolidating invoices, automating invoice emails, and providing intuitive account receivable reporting.
- Complex transaction approval - This add-on is great for companies with complex approval processes, multi-level approvals, or role-based approvals. It manages that entire process, even if you have a multi-currency or multi-subsidiary structure.
Do You Need Help With NetSuite Customizations?
We have a team of NetSuite-certified cloud software developers who can create any customization you could possibly need.
Whether you know exactly what you want or need help figuring it out, we can help.
Contact us today for a FREE consultation!